The Children’s Ministry of Laurelwood exists to point kids to Christ with the eternal truth of God’s Word through fun, fellowship, worship & life changing Bible lessons.
Sunday Mornings @ 9:00am and 10:15am
Infants, are exposed to God’s care and compassion by committed volunteers pledged to provide a safe ministry experience.
Toddlers, ages 1-2, provides children a creative age-appropriate experience where they can begin to know the truth of God’s Word. Volunteers use stories, art projects, music and fun activities to build relationships with children and pray for them regularly.
Preschool/Kindergarten, ages 3-5 meet in age appropriate classes, where volunteers, using puppets, games, crafts and music, teach directly from the Bible to help kids learn more about God’s Word and encourage them to grow in their knowledge and relationship with Jesus Christ. Teachers regularly pray for each child.
Elementary School, grades 1-5 meet in age appropriate classes, where teaching comes directly from the Word of God and is delivered in a language they will understand. Kids read from the Bible, memorize verses, experience thought provoking activities, and participate in games, fellowship and prayer as they discover the truths of God and develop lifelong skills.
Thursday Evenings @ 6:30–8:15pm
Laurelwood kids and their friends ages 4-11 participate in this program held at the church from September through May. During this time, kids experience worship music, bible verses and a lesson. We also have snack time, game time and various activities for the children to have fellowship with each other and for the coaches to build relationships with the kids.
Materials used are from Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF).
The goal of this ministry is to disciple Christian boys and girls and provide opportunities for service. It is also the desire to reach out to kids who don’t have a church home and encourage kids to invite their friends and neighbors.
GEMS (Moms & Preschoolers)
July 31 – August 4. Ages 4 years -5th Grade. Registration opens June 1st. You can download and print out a registration form when they become available. All registrations must be turned into the LBC Office along with the registration fee to hold your child’s spot. Registrations will not be accepted electronically and are on a first come first served basis. For any questions please contact Heather.
Fall: Harvest Carnival
Winter/Spring: Parenting Class
Help & Policies
How You Can Help
Pray…for our volunteers, for children’s safety, for Laurelwood and for God’s provision for this ministry.
Join…You don’t need a college degree to teach and care for children. Are you someone who God has wired to minister to children?
If you are interested to know more about the Children’s Ministry or how you can get involved, please contact the Children’s Director, Brandon Draper.
Children’s Ministry Policies
- All children are welcome!
- Children must be healthy to attend.
- All children are encouraged to behave appropriately.
- Parents are asked to have their children use the restroom before class so that they won’t need to go in the middle of a Bible lesson.
- Promotion Sunday is in June for 5th graders, and in September for others. All children must be the correct age by the previous August 31. It is our intention for kids to travel through the ages and grades with other boys and girls of the same age or grade so that they will have friends to enter middle school with.
- If siblings, relatives, or friends of different ages want to attend class together, they need to attend the youngest child’s class.
- Each volunteer must complete a comprehensive application, as well as a background check, before working with the children.
Download any of the following documents in PDF: